Fiesta continues as U.K.’s best-selling new car.
New-car sales in the important registration plate change month of September exceed expectations, rising 8.2% to 359,612 units. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the result was more than 26,000 units above what it had forecast. September is the second-busiest month for car sales, averaging about 18% of the annual market, second only to March. The result took the 9-month total up 4.3% to 1,620,609 units. In a sign of the country’s current economic difficulties, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Sales Surprise in September" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.