Focus most common sight on U.K. roads.
Climbing new-model sales and longer-lasting cars combined to raise the U.K. car parc more than 436,000 units last year to 31,917,885. Releasing the data, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the 1.4% rise in the 2013 parc marked the fastest rate of growth in 10 years. The SMMT says innovative new engines and the introduction of hybrid and electric cars has seen the U.K. car parc cut carbon-dioxide emissions 7.3% in the past five years to average 160 g/km. At the same time, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Vehicle Fleet Larger, Older, Cleaner in 2013" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.