U.K. vehicle sales totaled 173,251 units for October 2012, up 8.9% vs. October 2011. October vehicle sales decreased 57.1% vs. September 2012 sales. September sales were especially high due to the new license plate cycle beginning that month. 2012 sales through October totaled 2,019,795. This was up 3.8% over the same period in 2011. Ford was the leader in year-to-date sales with a total of 302,525, resulting in a 15.0% market share.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Vehicle Sales Up 8.9% in October" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.