U.K. vehicle sales totaled 71,362 units for August 2012, down 2.0% vs. August 2011. August vehicle sales decreased 57.2% vs. July 2012 sales. August sales are typically low due to consumers waiting to purchase in September, when the new license plate cycle begins. 2012 sales through August totaled 1,442,605. This was up 2.3% over the same period in 2011. Ford was the leader in year-to-date sales with a total of 218,582, resulting in a 15.2% market share.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Vehicle Sales Down 2.0% in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.