No summer shutdowns for plants building popular vehicles such as Jeep Grand Cherokee.
U.S. light-vehicle inventory held steady at the end of June, finishing the month at 3.22 million units, relatively close to May’s 3.21 million but up 15.0% from year-ago. The level is high enough for the industry to easily support another strong sales month following June’s spike to a 67-month peak in the seasonally adjusted annual rate to 15.9 million units. However, because demand is expected to improve significantly in the year’s second half, strong production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Light-Vehicle Inventory Solid for Now After Sales Surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.