Capacity boost, flexible scheduling shorten wait time for new subcompact.
Honda Malaysia sets a record as its all-new City records 10,000 sales within a month of its launch, beating its previous best of 3,000 units when it rolled out the CR-V last year. Despite demand exceeding projections, Honda says it will be able to deliver all 10,000 orders by the end of June. This is because Honda Malaysia’s newly opened No.2 Line at its Pegoh plant, 75 miles (120 km) southeast of Kuala Lumpur – which doubled the automaker’s local production capacity ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysians Snap Up New Honda City at Record Rate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.