Toyota year-to-date car sales falling at lower rate than competition.
With the coup leaders solidly in control, new-vehicle sales in Thailand plunged 37.7% year-on-year in May to 69,681 units as consumers held onto their money, waiting to see how political events played out. Toyota Thailand, which collates statistics for the Thai industry, says new-car deliveries fell 44.4% to 29,330 units, while commercial deliveries dropped 33.6% to 40,351, including the important 1-ton pickup segment off 33.6% to 32,963. After five months, the Thai market was down 42.2% to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"May LV Sales Reflect Post-Coup Thai Consumer Jitters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.