Perodua touts Axia’s fuel efficiency, roominess and value.
Malaysian automaker Perodua begins accepting bookings for its new Axia compact, the Southeast Asian country’s first energy-efficient vehicle (EEV), with a tentative starting price of RMB24,900 ($7,888). Perodua says the EEV can achieve up to 50.8 mpg (4.6 L/100 km) and is packed with unique Malaysian features. The name “Axia” (pronounced a-ZEE-a) was chosen by combining the word Asia, removing the S and adding X as the Roman numeral for the number 10 – representing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Perodua Bids for Global Recognition With New Compact" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.