TURIN, June 30 (Reuters) - Italian bank Sanpaolo IMI is covered against the possibility of having to convert its share of a loan to automaker Fiat into shares, Chief Executive Alfonso Iozzo said on Wednesday. "In our generic reserves we have already completely covered the implicit value of the mandatory convertible loan," Iozzo told a news conference. Last year, Sanpaolo wrote down 87 million euros to cover its exposure to the Fiat loan.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sanpaolo says is covered on Fiat convertible loan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.