TOKYO, Dec 24 (Reuters) - Sanyo Electric Co is to raise its production capacity for auto-use lithium-ion batteries at a plant in central Japan as soon as the financial year starting in April, an industry source told Reuters on Friday. The Nikkei business daily reported earlier that the company would spend about 15 billion yen ($181 million) on expanding capacity at its Kasai plant in Hyogo Prefecture. ($1=82.96 Yen) (Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by Michael ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sanyo set to raise Li-ion cell capacity -source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.