OSAKA, Japan, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Sanyo Electric Co Ltd , the world's largest rechargeable battery maker, said on Friday it was in talks with major automakers in Europe, the United States and Japan on the supply of auto-use batteries. "We are talking with more than five or six car makers,"Sanyo Electric Senior Vice President Masato Ito told Reuters in an interview. Ito heads Sanyo's battery operations, which are the electronics maker's cash cow business. Sanyo and Volkswagen AG have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sanyo: In talks with car makers on battery supplies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642