SAINTE-JULIE, France, Feb 26 (Reuters) - French President Nicolas Sarkozy said the state's strategic fund had taken a stake in car parts maker Valeo to better defend it against an activist investment fund. At a visit to a car parts factory on Thursday he said he had asked the new strategic investment fund to invest in Valeo "so that it would not be left facing an aggressive investment fund". Sarkozy said current low share prices created risks for French companies such as Valeo. Sarkozy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sarkozy says Valeo stake meant to fend off investor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.