SAINTE-JULIE, France, February 26 (Reuters) - French President Nicolas Sarkozy said on Thursday it was necessary to check whether U.S. government aid to the car sector was compatible with World Trade Organisation rules. Sarkozy, who announced aid for the French car sector which critics say is protectionist, also said he would ask for a coordinated European plan to help the car industry at a European Union summit on Sunday. (Reporting by Yann Le Guernigou; Writing by Anna Willard; Editing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sarkozy wants to check if US car aid fits WTO rules" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.