FRANKFURT, June 25 (Reuters) - Porsche is advancing towards a deal with Qatar to give the Gulf state a shareholding in Volkswagen, a compromise that will clear the way for the carmakers to merge, according to people involved in the talks. [ID:nLO308520] Porsche racked up 9 billion euros ($12.7 billion) of net debt trying to swallow its much bigger rival Volkswagen before the financial crisis turned the tables and threatened to unravel the deal. The luxury carmaker's borrowings have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SCENARIOS-Bleak prospects push Porsche into Qatar's arms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642