HANOVER, Germany, Jan 28 (Reuters) - German ball-bearings maker Schaeffler has sounded out the possibility of a capital injection of up to 4 billion euros ($5.3 billion) from the German government, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters. "There was an informal inquiry by Schaeffler," the person said on Wednesday. Schaeffler and the German economy ministry declined to comment on the matter. Heavily indebted Schaeffler, which agreed with tyre maker Continental AG that it would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Schaeffler sounds out 4 bln eur of govt aid-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.