BERLIN, July 23 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder praised DaimlerChrysler's agreement with the IG Metall union on cost cuts on Friday, adding it set a precedent for talks at rival car maker Volkswagen "I am certain that after DaimlerChrysler the negotiations at Volkswagen over cost cuts and job security will lead to a succesful agreement," Schroeder, who is on holiday in Italy, said in a statement. The DaimlerChrysler agreement was "a victory for common sense" that would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Schroeder praises Daimler deal, says example for VW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.