PORTO CARRAS, Greece, June 21 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder urged engineering unions and employers on Saturday to end a dispute over working hours in eastern Germany and not damage growth in the depressed region with more strikes. "They should come up with a deal sooner rather than later," Schroeder said on the fringes of a summit of European Union leaders. "Therefore I urge both sides to be reasonable and end this as soon as possible," Schroeder said, adding that the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Schroeder urges end to eastern German strikes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.