SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Hybrid cars received a boost on Thursday when California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed legislation allowing certain gas-electric automobiles into high-occupancy commuter lanes with just one occupant. The law allows drivers of hybrid cars such as the Toyota Prius, the Honda Civic Hybrid and Honda Insight onto the state's 1,100 miles of highway lanes reserved for cars carrying two or three people during rush hour. "The governor's action today brings ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Schwarzenegger lets hybrid cars into the fast lane" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642