CARPINTERIA, Calif., Sept 21 (Reuters) - Action star Arnold Schwarzenegger, who drives a gas-guzzling Hummer, promised on Sunday that if he became governor of California he would promote hydrogen-fueled cars and solar energy. "I want clean air, clean water and a clean environment," the Terminator star said at a campaign appearance in Carpinteria, about 85 miles (130 km) northwest of Los Angeles. The Republican actor, running neck-and-neck with Democratic Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Schwarzenegger says he will push fuel cell cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.