OSLO, April 30 (Reuters) - Oslo-listed oil driller Seadrill has ordered a sixth drillship from Samsung Heavy Industries with delivery in the second quarter of 2014, the firm said on Monday. The expected total project cost is less than $600 million. "Specific interest, mainly from operators in West Africa and the Americas, demonstrate a trend towards higher day rates and longer term contracts," Seadrill said. (Reporting by Victoria Klesty)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Seadrill orders new drillship from Samsung Heavy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.