(Updates to close) By Rafael Nam SEOUL, Nov 18 (Reuters) - Seoul shares ended around 1 percent down on Thursday, rattled by concerns about the impact of a surging won currency on the earnings of exporters such as Hyundai Motor and ship builders. Losses were compounded by a plunge in shares of LG Electronics Inc. amid market talk the appliance and handset maker could be dragged into a possible capital injection for ailing credit card firm, LG Card Co. . "A surge in the won had a big ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Seoul shares end lower on strong won, autos hit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.