(Updates to close) By Rafael Nam SEOUL, July 29 (Reuters) - Seoul shares posted their best finish in more than a decade on Friday, as upbeat U.S. earnings and economic data lifted exporters such as Hyundai Motor, while banks rose on positive quarterly results in the sector. Kookmin Bank said after the market closed its net profit more than trebled, helped by lower bad-loan provisioning costs. The stock rose 0.93 percent to close at 54,500 won. The benchmark Korea Composite Stock ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Seoul shares extend gains as exporters surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.