(Updates to midday) SEOUL, May 21 (Reuters) - Seoul shares rose 0.5 percent on Monday to almost touch a new record as stronger U.S. consumer data raised hopes about increased sales to South Korea's no.2 export market. Auto makers rallied, with Hyundai Motor Co. surging more than 4 percent, following brokerage upgrades that are increasing optimism that shares in the sector will recover from a slump this year. Fears that Chinese stocks would slump and spark a regional sell-off were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Seoul shares near record; auto makers rally" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642