By Gordana Filipovic BELGRADE, June 23 (Reuters) - Serbia said on Thursday its sole car manufacturer Zastava could soon be assembling the Punto car produced by Italy's Fiat , getting a new lease of life after a decade of failing to find a strategic partner. Talks began a year ago after Fiat agreed to write off 72.5 percent of a 42 million euro ($51.18 million) debt claimed against Serbia's troubled car-to-weapons producer. The remaining 11.5 million euro debt is due to be repaid by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Serb Zastava in talks to assemble Fiat cars -govt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.