SHANGHAI, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Shanghai Automotive Co Ltd , owner of a fifth of General Motors Corp's car plant in the city, said on Wednesday net profit in the third quarter soared 140 percent on booming demand. Earnings rose to 484.57 million yuan ($58.54 million) in the July to September period from 202.01 million yuan a year earlier, while revenue rose 22.8 percent to 1.8 billion yuan. Analysts said cut-throat competition in the world's fastest-growing major car market had forced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai Auto's Q3 net profit more than doubles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.