April 1 (Reuters) - The global recession manifests itself in big and small ways, most gloomy, some quirky and often reflecting the inventive human spirit. Here is a look at some signs of the times. * Times are grim for Moscow's once-exploding luxury goods markets, where profits are forecast to fall by a third in 2009. The signs on the luxury stores of British designers Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney were scratched off by hand less than 18 months after their grand openings; the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Signs of the Times: Russian luxury lags, Web scams up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.