DETROIT, July 25 (Reuters) - Frank Sinatra makes a comeback of sorts in a new television advertisement for the "cool" retro-styled Thunderbird roadster that Ford Motor Co. resurrected last year. The ad features a clip from the 1957 Columbia Pictures film "Pal Joey" in which Sinatra, wearing his trademark raincoat and tilted hat, is seen bidding an affectionate farewell to a candy-apple red T-Bird. "So long little bird, don't pick up any nails," says Sinatra, a cultural icon and arguably ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sinatra makes comeback as pitchman for Ford T-Bird" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.