SEOUL, Sept 28 (Reuters) - South Korean tyremaker Nexen Tire said on Monday that it will invest 1 trillion won ($829 million) in a new domestic plant to meet growing demand. The factory, to be located in Gyeongnam Province, southeast of Seoul, would be the world's largest to produce tyres for passenger vehicles and light trucks, according to the company. "Facing a shortage of production capacity and a rapid change in the market environment towards pro-environmental and low-fuel (cars), ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S.Korea tyremaker Nexen to build $829 mln plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.