SEOUL, April 1 (Reuters) - South Korea's STX Corp. said on Sunday it planned to invest an additional $800 million in China by 2009 as it set up a shipbuilding unit to cut labour costs. STX, a holding company in an energy-to-shipping group, also said that it was considering listing STX Pan Ocean , its Singapore-listed shipping unit, on the Korea Exchange (KRX) next year at the latest. "STX will invest $1 billion in the China's shipbuilding unit by 2009 as it is better to build cheap ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S.Korea's STX to invest additional $800 mln in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.