* Wealthy consumers spending less on luxury items * Luxury industry failing to deliver on fundamentals By Patricia Reaney NEW YORK, Sept 25 (Reuters Life!) - Even the world's mega-rich are feeling the effects of the worst recession in seven decades. Luxury isn't what it used to be. Conspicuous consumption is frowned upon and greed has been replaced by a new frugality, according to research on the spending habits of the wealthy. "Across the board, at every level of wealth, we have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Somber environment for luxury industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.