By Ben Klayman DETROIT, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Sonic Automotive Inc , the No. 3 U.S. auto dealer group, posted a stronger-than-expected quarterly profit on Tuesday, as demand for new and used vehicles outpaced the industry. The company also offered an outlook for its 2012 earnings that, at the mid-point, topped what Wall Street is expecting. Sonic's net income in the fourth quarter fell to $20.54 million, or 35 cents a share, compared with $64.35 million, or $1.00 a share, in the year-earlier ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sonic profit tops expectations, '12 outlook strong" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.