MADRID, Nov 27 (Reuters) - Spain will provide its car industry with 800 million euros ($1 billion) in funding to protect jobs during a severe slowdown in the sector, Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero said on Thursday. The funding is part of an 11 billion euro economic stimulus package unveiled by Zapatero on Thursday to create 300,000 jobs in 2009. (Reporting by Jason Webb; Editing by Sonya Dowsett)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spain to provide 800 mln euros for car industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.