GIVE A 'SHIT' The deal was done a week before Marchionne's birthday in June 2009. Immediately, Marchionne furiously redrew Chrysler's product plans. He brought forward launch dates, tossed out some proposed changes and introduced new ones -- only to alter the plans some more. In mid-2009, during a road trip to Toronto on his holidays, Marchionne found himself examining the cars that dotted the roads. When he returned, he pushed for a more dramatic makeover of the line-up, including a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SPECIAL REPORT-Can an Italian Elvis make Fiat-Chrysler dance?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.