(Refiles June 29 story to fix temperature conversion in 4th last para) To read this story in PDF format, click here: http://static.reuters.com/resources/media/editorial/20100630/SR_Textiles... * Spending on automation spurs productivity * Some survivors exporting to China, Latin America * Core of 400,000 workers hang on at survivors * Many focus on high-tech, high-performance fabrics * Veteran workers wary of industry's future By Scott Malone WALNUT COVE, N.C., June 29 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SPECIAL REPORT-How some US textile mills sidestepped Armageddon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.