NEW YORK, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Illinois' Supreme Court on Thursday reversed a $1.06 billion judgment against State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. in a closely watched class-action lawsuit. The state's highest court determined that a lower court erred in certifying a nationwide class, and also that the plaintiffs failed to establish damages. The ruling, in what is known as the Avery case, may be significant for Altria Group Inc. . Analysts have said issues in the State Farm case ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"State Farm $1.06 bln Illinois judgment reversed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.