LOS ANGELES, April 24 (Reuters) - A $3 billion proposed class action lawsuit against Bridgestone Corp. survived the Japanese-based company's latest attempt to have it dismissed by a California judge, lawyers said on Thursday. The lawsuit accuses the tire maker of concealing tread separation problems in its heavy-duty Steeltex tires and demands that Bridgestone recall 27.5 million Steeltex R4S, R4SII and A/T tires. The lawsuit claims the tires -- installed on 43 types of vehicles such as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Steeltex suit survives latest challenge in Calif." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.