Brazilian families spend as much on transportation as they do on food, government statistics agency IBGE said on Wednesday. Transportation costs accounted for 16 percent of average family spending of 2,626.31 reais ($1,455) per month, compared to 16.1 percent for food. Bigger family budgets have boosted car ownership, said Edilson Nascimento, an IBGE researcher. Rising car and fuel prices also bumped up spending. Car sales in Brazil have dipped recently as tax breaks adopted during the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"STXNEWS LATAM-Brazilians spend equally on food, transport" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.