BRUSSELS, March 30 (Reuters) - Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd. of Japan won permission from the European Commission on Thursday to buy the auto wire harness business of Volkswagen , the European Commission said. "The Commission conlcuded that the transaction would not significantly impede effective competition in the European Economic Area," the Commission said in a statement. The unit, Volkwagen Bordnetze, generated 2005 sales of 440 million euros ($528 million) through the exclusive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sumitomo Electric wins EU permission to buy VW unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642