TOKYO, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Sumitomo Metal Industries Ltd. plans to invest 25 billion yen ($243 million) to boost annual output of auto-use galvanised steel sheet by 30 percent by 2006, the Nihon Keizai business daily reported on Tuesday. The investment by Japan's third-largest steel producer in new facilities at its Kashima works in Ibaraki prefecture will lift galvanised sheet output to 1.6 million tonnes, the paper said. Japanese steel makers are having a hard time keeping up with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sumitomo Metal to lift auto-use steel output-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.