TOKYO, July 31 (Reuters) - Japanese tyre maker Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd on Wednesday posted a 158 percent rise in first-half, parent-only net profit to a record 5.2 billion yen ($43.24 million), powered by strong exports. Japan's third-largest tyre maker also said it had posted a 53.5 percent rise in operating profit to a record 9.78 billion yen in January-June on the back of a six percent rise in sales to 112.87 billion yen. The results were largely as expected, as Sumitomo had ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sumitomo Rubber posts record H1 parent-only profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.