Hambach plant now building second-generation Fortwo EV.
PARIS – The French plant that builds the Smart Fortwo A-segment car appears to have a future now that Faurecia has purchased Plastal France, the supplier of plastic body parts at the factory’s internal supplier park. Faurecia has had an option to buy Plastal France for two years, but with the current Fortwo’s lifespan coming to an end, the parts-making giant apparently waited to buy the smaller supplier until it was assured the Plastal operation had a future. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Faurecia Purchase Should Keep Fortwo Plant Running" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.