Chevy Volt uses LG Chem batteries.
DEARBORN, MI – While politicians and pundits wring their hands about too much capacity in the vehicle battery industry, one industry executive is worried about there soon not being enough. “If I project out over five years, I worry about undercapacity,” Prabhakar Patil, CEO of LG Chem Power, tells attendees here at the 2014 Automotive World Megatrends conference. Patil cites a variety of reasons for his optimism, which is in stark contrast to many industry-watchers who say ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LG Chem Power Chief Worries About Too Little Capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.