Australian importer Performax International develops an electric-assisted power-steering system for the right-hand-drive Ford Mustang that faithfully replicates the performance and feel of the left-hand-drive factory original. The development overcomes a major technical hurdle to getting the iconic cars on Australian roads. Performax says the first V-8 Mustang fitted with the system, which comprises a rack-and-pinion steering box designed in-house and a reprogrammed electronic control ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mustang Street-Legal in Australia With Steering Retrofit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.