Supplier says common-rail fuel injection key advance in diesel technology.
Modern diesel cars are 27% more economical and 21% less polluting than they were 10 years ago, thanks to technological innovations by automotive suppliers. Bosch U.K. says over that decade, the increasing number of diesel cars fitted with advanced components, such as common-rail diesel and stop/start, significantly have reduced both emissions and operating costs. It says the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders’ annual New Car CO2 Report shows if diesel cars were only as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Bosch Touts Modern Diesel-Engine Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.