Mercedes-Benz SL all-aluminum body-in-white.
Novelis aluminum is featured in the ’12 Mercedes-Benz SL, the auto maker’s first full-production vehicle with an all-aluminum body. Novelis aluminum is used in the new-generation SL’s doors and hood as well as structural applications including the transmission tunnel made with a new, 3-piece tailored welded blank. The blank, which is fitted by friction stir welding, uses Novelis' Anticorodal-300 alloy. The new alloy, which also is used in other structural ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.