New LG production facility extends relationship with Volt maker GM.
LG will manufacture electric-vehicle components for General Motors at a plant under construction in Incheon, South Korea. The V-ENS Incheon Campus, scheduled to begin operating in October, will produce EV parts including battery packs, inverters, mobile chargers and cooling modules. Research and development activities also will be conducted at the site. LG says it will have invested 1.5 trillion won ($1.28 billion) in the campus by 2015. LG subsidiary LG Chem is the battery supplier ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.