Soybean oil could extend tire tread life 10%, Goodyear says.
Goodyear researchers discover that using soybean oil in tires potentially can increase tread life 10% and reduce the tire maker’s use of petroleum-based oil by up to 7 million gallons (26.5 million L) each year. Tests also show rubber compounds made with soybean oil blend more easily with the silica used in building tires, improving plant efficiency while reducing energy consumption and greenhouse-gas emissions, Goodyear says. Prototype tires built in Lawton, OK, will be tested ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.