XL Hybrids already testing Chevrolet Express conversions.
Johnson Controls will provide battery packs to XL Hybrids, developer of a low-cost hybrid electric powertrain designed specifically for Class 1 to 3 commercial-fleet use. The supplier’s complete, advanced lithium-ion battery packs constructed of high-power, spiral-wound lithium-nickel-cobalt-aluminum cells will power light-duty commercial Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans going on sale in 2013. The battery pack has 1.8 kWh of energy storage, a peak discharge power rating of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.