Leaning on horn not necessary with TRW touch design.
TRW is developing an electronic horn system that is activated by touching a conductive area on the steering wheel airbag cover. The system is expected to be production-ready in 2014. The technology offers improved visual appearance, enhanced functionality, lower actuation forces and fewer components compared with conventional horn systems, TRW says. It has no moving parts, allowing the driver airbag to be fixed directly into the steering wheel. Special coatings enable the airbag cover ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.