Chip’s size gives key-fob manufacturers greater design freedom.
NXP Semiconductors introduces the NCF2960, which it calls the world’s smallest combo chip for automotive keyless entry with immobilizer functions. The chip integrates a security transponder, micro-RISC kernel and multichannel radio transmitter in a single package. The NCF2960 addresses OEMs’ demand for fashionable and distinctive car key designs, NXP says. The chip’s package size is 44% smaller than that of the previous generation. It requires only 0.16 in.-by-0.16 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.